Speed up the Windows Refresh RateBy: Arie Slob
If every time you add a new folder, or you delete something from a window, and you have to hit F5 (Refresh) to see the results, here is how to make Windows refresh automatically:
- Start the Registry Editor
- Double-click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Go to System > CurrentControlSet > Control > Update folder
- Go to the right pane and right-click on UpdateMode and select Modify. Change the value from 01 to 00
- Click on OK and exit the Registry Editor
Restart Windows 95 for the changes to take place.
Alternatively you can download this registry patch. Save it to your desktop, then just double-click to import the registry info in your registry.