General Protection Fault in Module Dibeng.dllBy: Arie Slob
When running Windows 95, Windows 95 OSR 1, Internet Explorer 4.x, 5, you may receive a random General Protection Fault (GPF) which looks like:
<Program Name> caused a general protection fault in module DIBENG.DLL.
where <Program Name> is the name of the program where the error occurred.
This error can occur if an incompatible display driver is installed on the computer. To resolve this error, try updating your display driver by contacting the manufacturer of your video adapter.
To work around this error:
- Select Start > Settings > Control Panel, and then double-click Display
- On the Settings tab, click Change Display Type
- Under Adapter Type, click Change, and then click Show all devices
- In the Manufacturers box, click (Standard display types)
- In the Models box, select Standard Display Adapter (VGA), click OK, click Close, and then click Close again