Change the Location of your Data filesBy: Arie Slob
To change the Location of your data files used by Outlook Express, first move the files to the new location. Your old files can be found at \Windows \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook Express.
We strongly suggest that you Copy the files first, and after you are satisfied that OE is working correctly, and storing your files in the new location you can delete the old files.
- Close Outlook Express
- Start the Registry Editor
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Outlook Express
- Find the value named Store Root in the right-hand pane
- Double-click and enter the complete path to the new location
- Close the Registry Editor