Adjust Internet Explorer TimeoutBy: Arie Slob
Some users find that Internet Explorer 4 will time out after 5 minutes. This happens for example while you are waiting for a CGI script to finish. You will get one of these error messages:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer error 10060 connection timed out.
- Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site <Web address>. The operation timed out.
This problem is addressed in Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 1. To resolve this problem:
- Install Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 1. To obtain Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 1, please visit Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web site
- Start the Registry Editor
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ InternetSettings
- Select New > DWORD from the Edit menu
Call it ReceiveTimeout with a data value of <number of seconds>*1000
For example, if you want the timeout duration to be 10 minutes, set the ReceiveTimeout data value to 600000 (600 * 1000)
- Restart your computer