Remove All Icons from your DesktopBy: Arie Slob
Here is how to remove all the icons on your desktop:
- Start the Registry Editor
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Current Version \ Policies \ Explorer
- From the menu select Edit > New > DWORD value
- Name it NoDesktop
- Double-click this entry and give it the value 1
- Close the registry editor and reboot your computer
To restore the Icons on the desktop, you have to change the value of the NoDesktop Key to 0.
You can also use my Tweaking Toolbox for Windows, one of it's functions is to hide/restore the Icons on the desktop.
For more information & free trial, check the Tweaking Toolbox for Windows pages.