Remove Find Folder from Start MenuBy: Arie Slob
Here's how to remove the Find Folder from the Start menu:
- Start the Registry Editor
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer
- Right-click an open area in the right pane and select New > DWORD Value
- Name it NoFind
- Double-click this entry and add the value 1
- Exit RegEdit and restart Windows
Warning! Removing the Find menu, will also disable the Find command in Windows Explorer, so pressing F3 to search won't work anymore.
To reverse just change the value back to 0.
You can also use my Tweaking Toolbox for Windows, one of it's functions is to remove the Find folder from the Start menu.
For more information & free trial, check the Tweaking Toolbox for Windows pages.