Remove Documents Folder from Start MenuBy: Arie Slob
Here's how to remove the Documents folder from the Start menu:
- Start the Registry Editor
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer
- Right-click an open area in the right pane and select New > DWORD Value
- Name it NoRecentDocsMenu
- Double-click this entry and add the value 1
- Exit RegEdit and restart Windows
To reverse just change the value back to 0.
Note: These settings can also be changed with TweakUI (you can find it on your CD-ROM in the \tools\reskit\powertoy folder).
You can also use my Tweaking Toolbox for Windows, one of it's functions is to remove the Documents folder from the Start menu.
For more information & free trial, check the Tweaking Toolbox for Windows pages.