Clear the Run MenuBy: Arie Slob
To remove items from the Run menu:
- Start the Registry Editor
- Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ RunMRU
- To delete an entry, simply delete its key
- To delete multiple entries, highlight all of the keys you want to delete, then press delete
- Close the Registry Editor and Restart Windows 98
Note: Do not delete the (Default) or MRUList values.
To clear the Run menu every time you start Windows 98:
Install Tweak UI, you can find it on your CD-ROM in the \tools\reskit\powertoy folder.
Click on the Paranoia tab, and put a check mark in the Clear Run history at logon box.
You can also use my Tweaking Toolbox for Windows, one of it's functions is to clear the MRU lists.
For more information & free trial, check the Tweaking Toolbox for Windows pages.