Turn off Window AnimationBy: Arie Slob
You can turn off the animation displayed by Windows 98 when you minimize and maximize windows. This makes navigating Windows 98 a lot faster, especially for those that don't have super fast video cards.
- Start the Registry Editor
- Go to HKEY_USERS \ .DEFAULT \ Control Panel \ Desktop \ WindowMetrics
- Right-click an empty space in the right pane
- Select New > String Value
- Name the new value MinAnimate
- Double-click on the MinAnimate string and enter a value of 0 for OFF or 1 for ON and click on OK
- Close the Registry Editor and restart Windows
You can also use TweakUI (you can find it on your CD-ROM in the \tools\reskit\powertoy Folder) to turn off Window animation.
You can also use my Tweaking Toolbox for Windows, one of it's functions is to change the visual effects Windows uses.
For more information & free trial, check the Tweaking Toolbox for Windows pages.