Turning off Password at start-upBy: Arie Slob
If you have a network installed, each time you log on you will be asked for a password. To disable this:
- Right-click on the Network Neighborhood icon and select Properties
- On the Configuration tab, select Windows Logon in the Primary Network Logon box
- When Windows prompts you to restart your computer, click No
- Click the Start button, point to Settings, then select Control Panel
- Double-click the Passwords icon
- On the Change Passwords tab, click the Change Windows Password button, click OK, then set a blank password
If you have Client for Microsoft Networks selected in the Primary Network Logon box, each time you log on you will be asked for a password. The improvement in Windows 98 is such that if you press Cancel at the Logon box, you won't be able to access the Network.
To have Windows 98 Log on automatically every time you start Windows:
Install TweakUI, you can find it on your CD-ROM in the \tools\reskit\powertoy folder.
Click on the Network tab, and give it your User name and Password.