Printing ProblemsBy: Arie Slob
Internet Explorer 5.x seems to generate any number of different printing errors for some people.
If you "suffer" from these kinds of errors, you could try some work-arounds:
- Save the web page you want to print to your local drive first. Select File > Save As, and in the Save as type: box select Web Archive, single file (*.mht). This will save the web page and all images in one file. Now open the local copy you just saved, and print it.
- Many Web sites offer printer-friendly versions of their pages. Try printing these instead of the "full version"
- Select the text you want to print and save it to a *.txt file; print from the text file.
Microsoft has a Knowledge Base Articles with suggestions on Troubleshooting Printing Web Pages in Internet Explorer
Here are a number of other specific Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles dealing with print problems:
- Q191034 - Err Msg: Unable to Print Document, Either Document's...
- Q227094 - Unable to Print Using Print Button on Internet Explorer Toolbar
- Q254772 - Missing Text When Printing Web Pages to HP PhotoSmart P1000
- Q256898 - Printer for Internet Explorer May Be Incorrect
- Q257014 - Scroll Bars Are Not Printed Properly
- Q257073 - Non-White Text on Dark Background Is Not Printed
- Q257097 - Print or Preview May Generate Blank First Page
- Q260642 - Table Text Is Cut Off at the Right Margin When Printing Web Page
- Q261156 - GP Fault in Module Gdi.exe Printing from Internet Explorer
- Q270841 - Additional Blank Page When You Print in Internet Explorer 5.5
- Q271582 - Problems Printing to HP DeskJet if BD Denver Font Is Damaged
- Q271583 - Blank Page Is Printed in Internet Explorer 5.5
- Q271822 - Unable to Use Duplex Printing in Internet Explorer Version 5.5
- Q272081 - Borders May Be Printed Around Page in Internet Explorer
- Q272518 - Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page