How to stop the prompt "Do you Want To Close Your Connection?"By: Arie Slob
When you close the browser or Outlook Express, and it's the last Internet Application you close, you will get a dialog box asking if you want to disconnect your connection.
To stop this from happening:
- In Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options from the menu
- Select the Connections tab
- Select your connection in the Dial-Up Settings box and click the Settings button
- Next to the Passwords box, there is a button Advanced, press this button
- This will bring up the Advanced Dial-Up window for the current setting. Here you can uncheck the box for Disconnect if idle for XX minutes and Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed
Some computer manufacturers (Compaq, Dell and others) use software to have you sign-up with their Internet services. This places an entry called Encompass_ENCMONTR in the Startup tab from msconfig (Select Start > Run and type msconfig in the Open: box). You can remove this entry by deselecting it's check-box (Not recommended IF you are indeed connected with the ISP from your computer manufacturer), this has fixed the annoying prompt "Do you Want To Close Your Connection?" for many.