October 12, 2004
Microsoft Posts Energy Blue Theme Pack for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
Microsoft has posted a Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Energy Blue Theme Pack; new colors, new effects and a new wallpaper will give your Tablet a fresh, updated appearance.
You can download the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Energy Blue Theme Pack from our [1.65 MB] Web site.
With a little work, it is also possible to use this theme on a "normal" (non- Tablet PC) Windows XP:
- Download the Energy Blue Theme Pack
- Copy or move the WindowsXP-TabletPC-EnergyBlueTheme-x86-ENU.exe to \WINDOWS\Resources\Themes
Use your favorite zip utility (WinRAR or WinZIP) right-click the WindowsXP-TabletPC-EnergyBlueTheme-x86-ENU.exe file, and (depending on your zip utility):
- WinZIP: from the right-click context menu choose Winzip > Extract to here
- WinRAR: from the right-click context menu choose the WinRAR command Extract here
- That's all! (if you want to save some space, you can delete the WindowsXP-TabletPC-EnergyBlueTheme-x86-ENU.exe from \WINDOWS\Resources\Themes)
To select the theme, right click an empty space on your desktop, and choose Properties from the context menu. From the Theme drop-down box choose Energy Blue and press Apply. Below some screenshots of the Energy Bliss wallpaper, the Appearance tab from Display Properties, and the Windows XP Start menu when using the Royale color scheme: